Profile Picture

Valley pans

Posted By junkyardjeff 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Are the valley pans made for a road draft tube or PVC the same.

Butchering up everything I can get my hands on in Dayton Ohio
Ted
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
The answer is ‘YES’ if referring to the road draft tubes that originate at the valley pan.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

junkyardjeff
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

I am going to put the factory PCV system on a valley pan that had a road draft tube.

Florida_Phil
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Just did that myself.  I used a Casco kit. It uses a plate under the carb and a hose that runs down to the PVC.  A rubber grommet goes into the valley pan.  The PVC plugs into the grommet. You have to tap down the threaded tube where the old draft tube screws in so the PVC will seat.  I used a socket to tap it down.  My engine seems to idle better with the PVC and no more smelly garage!!

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/6c04598c-10d9-46c5-a914-f04d.jpg

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

junkyardjeff
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I recently picked up  64 292 to get another PCV system and distributor along with a truck timing chain cover so I can use a Hurst style mounts to put a Y in a 40 Ford if I could ever find one I can afford.

paul2748
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I have a valley pan with the hold down tube removed.  Also removed is the splash piece underneath.  Wanting to sell.  Offers accepted.  Very good shape, may need some minor straightening

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

PF Arcand
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Paul 2748:  If you can, put that splash guard back on, for use with a PCV setup.. Either that or some other form of oil interceptor will be needed.  PCV setups can have oiling draw problems if not installed suitably..  

Paul
Florida_Phil
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

When I purchased by 55 Tbird, it was bone stock.  The engine was tired, so I built a new motor.  I left the down draft tube believing if it worked in 1955, it must be good enough.  Except for the cylinder block, my new engine is mostly a 1957 292 and it runs great.  It has a neoprene rear seal.  Even with an all new engine, it always leaked a little oil. It also smelled up my garage, which did not make my wife happy.  She always thought she smelled gas.

I decided to install a PCV system about three weeks ago.  There was an immediate improvement. For some reason, my engine idles better with the PCV.  It's much smoother.  Interestingly enough, the oil leaks have stopped too.  Rarely does something I buy for my car work that well.  I'm a believer.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

Joe-JDC
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Not to refute, but as a retired Aircraft Maintenance Instructor, Automotive Instructor, it always surprises me in this day and age that folks do not remember these simple abbreviations.  PVC: polyvinyl chlorine is a piping that is used in piping for water, irrigation, plumbing, etc.  PCV: Positive crankcase ventilation is a system to remove fumes/blow-by from an internal combustion engine.  We use disc brakes on our cars, not disk breaks; and we go from here to there, not from here to their.  I guess this covid quarantine has me on edge.  LOL  Joe-JDC  

JDC
Florida_Phil
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

As I grow older I find it harder and harder to proof read what I write.  By the time I'm 80, I should be barely understandable.  Anyone old enough to love Y-Blocks knows what I'm talking about.   Rolleyes

Reading This Topic

Site Meter