Profile Picture

Valley pans

Posted By junkyardjeff 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Phil everything you are saying about a PCV system was exactly the same for me. Even tho I had to do that step revision on the teapot looking fitting and used a valve that screwed into the intake/or carb base the smell is gone from my garage. I was able to buy a Thunderbird side block plate for the old car side draft tube/filter too. Took me 9 years to do it.

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
paul2748
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
The splash guard that is missing is the one that points downward, not the one underneath the hole for the draft tube.

PF Arcand (2/10/2021)
Paul 2748:  If you can, put that splash guard back on, for use with a PCV setup.. Either that or some other form of oil interceptor will be needed.  PCV setups can have oiling draw problems if not installed suitably..  

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

2721955meteor
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 15 hours ago
AFTER DEVIDING THE INTAKE(4V 600HOLLEY),FOUND THE blo by fitting created rout idel. so i blocked the fitting at carb and took the hose to the air cleaner
inside the air cleaner filters the292 has very little blow by and the carb and air cleaner are  raised 3 in.s no oil travels up to air intake, and idle is great. i recently put on a home made alum. plate that has a baffel it the breather ,as well a larger hose to air cleaner. this engine has full pressure to rockers, lots of oil drains threw pushrod holes as well as drains holes in. heads on exhaust side.  i found pcv system more trouble than worth

Reading This Topic

Site Meter