Profile Picture

60s 292 truck rods

Posted By junkyardjeff 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
I picked up a 292 from a 64 F100 and heard the 60s truck 292s have better rods so would this engine have them or are they only in the engines for the larger trucks,if it does not have them it has plenty of good parts that I have been looking for like the distributor,PCV system,truck timing chain cover,rear sump pan and a manual choke 2 bbl.  I have been wanting to put a Y block in a 40 coupe so this engine has parts to help me do that.

Butchering up everything I can get my hands on in Dayton Ohio
Ted
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
If you are referring to the C2AE rods, they came in the Y cars, pickups, and trucks starting in 1962 in those applications that required the 6.324” long rod.  They are a better rod than the EBU rod that they replaced.  Be aware that they do require the 312 length rod bolts when rebuilding them which makes these rods more suitable for stroker applications than the EBU rods.  Also be cognizant that some of the bigger trucks did come with the C1TE rods which are the same length as the 312 ECZ rods.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

junkyardjeff
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

I also remember something about a steel crank and would this engine have it.

junkyardjeff
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

So the light duty truck engines are basicly the same as cars,I had a feeling they were but this one has the parts I need for projects.

darrell
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
the steel crank came in the heavy trucks.this is where youll find cite rods.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter