Profile Picture

o ring

Posted By darrell 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 13 minutes ago
does anyone know where i can get the o ring for my 55 torque converter.
paul2748
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
Try this shop -Fatsco Transmission  800-524-0485

CASCO shows a 7963-A      Seal converter cover to Impeller

Or is it 7916-A    SeaL converter impeller hub to impeller  4 1/2 inch

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

DryLakesRacer
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
If you know the diameter of the o-ring material they are easily made using razor blade and superglue. We made them for many years from kits at our Power Plant without failures. Good luck.

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
stuey
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (830 reputation)Supercharged (830 reputation)Supercharged (830 reputation)Supercharged (830 reputation)Supercharged (830 reputation)Supercharged (830 reputation)Supercharged (830 reputation)Supercharged (830 reputation)Supercharged (830 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
measure ID and cross sectional diam.   and do a search for "O" rings.  Probably Viton. You should find something . Bearing shops often stock them and are usually cheaper.
I can't afford to import specific items like that so have to search for bearings and  o rings from local suppliers or e-pay.
Good luck 
stuey
darrell
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

thanks everyone ive located some.i know about cutting them of a roll and gluing them together but no one keeps it around here anymore.ill keep looking before i order one and the cut and glue worked well for me in the past.
GREENBIRD56
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Caterpillar has a parts catalog called "One Safe Source" - at one time it was available "on-line". In the catalog, there is a listing of the CAT o-ring seals - and part numbers for the various rubber durometers, viton, silicon and so-on. If you can determine the "dash number" of the o-ring, it's fairly straight forward to hunt them down. The dash number is determined by the crossection and ID of the ring - and the standards are also available on-line. I've also used the catalog to hunt down various high strength US spec bolts when working in foreign countries.  

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/9ea2bf28-00c4-4772-9ac7-d154.jpg 
 Steve Metzger       Tucson, Arizona
Hoosier Hurricane
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 12 hours ago
Actually, the original seal ring is not an O-ring, but has a square cross section, but I believe an O-ring will work.  I bought a box of five original type a few years ago at a local auto parts store for not much money.

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg
oldcarmark
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Weeks Ago
Google  "Charlie Tranny". He would have the correct "O" Ring. This would be the Cover "O" Ring I think You are looking for? There is also One for the Impeller Hub to Cover. Good Idea to change both as well as the front Pump Seal while You have it apart.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
darrell
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

ive used an o ring in the past and it held so ill go that route again.ive found a place that still has the cut and glue.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter