Profile Picture

A Disappointing look at the '57 Ford International site..

Posted By PF Arcand 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

A Disappointing look at the '57 Ford International site..

Author
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I have nothing against GM engines.  I ran a big block Camaro race car for years.  Also owned a few 55s and one 57 scruby.  If you want to go fast cheap, it's the way to go.  Fords need Ford engines.   Nothing makes me sadder than seeing a nice 32-41 Ford with a GM 350 motor.  You may as well build a kit car. Give me a 54 Ford Vic or a 57 Custom with a 406 FE and I'm smiling.  Y-Blocks are a different animal.  There was a time when you couldn't give one away.  Have you priced the cost of Y-Block lifters lately?  How about a gasket set?   I've got over $5,000 in my engine and it's practically stock.  A Y-Block has a sound like nothing else.  Takes me back to my youth. 

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

MoonShadow
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 8 minutes ago
I've been a fan of the Y-block since I bought a 57 Ford convertible back in 1961. Loved the car and loved the sound. Had darn little money but managed to make a few custom changes. I also think that swapping engine brands is just somehow wrong. My 56 Victoria is running a Ted Eaton built motor with a 4-71 supercharger. Has run great since the day I put it in. Strong motor but very manageable. I have a second car, a 1928 Chrysler series 72 roadster. It came to me with an all gm (scrub) driveline. After years of search and sticker shock I finally found a HEMI I could afford. It now runs a 331 HEMI with Hot Heads aftermarket modifications. Backed up by a 700R4 and 9" rear end. I couldn't stand the car not having a Chrysler motor of some kind.http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/15a49a3b-d3e5-4a32-88b2-a160.jpg

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
mjs
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Think about this.  Several years ago there was someone locally with a 66 Mustang.  It should have had a 289.  He pulled it out and put in a scruby 305.  Plus he had little bow ties cut into the rear lower valance next to the back up lights.  He was taking it to all of the shows and proud of the fact that everyone was mad at him.  

The common excuse around here regarding people swapping everything out for scruby engines is because they are so much cheaper to build.  But to stuff in a SBC you have to first fab some motor mounts.  Then you have to do something about the tranny.  Then the drive line will be wrong either in length or the slip yoke or for the u-joints.  Yeah, the SBF might be  cheaper to build but what about the downstream costs.  I understand it's "YOUR" car and you can do what you want but I am a purist.  I prefer them how they were built.  

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/1d5b145a-1c57-4c0d-8bd1-fba5.jpg
Florida_Phil
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
MoonShadow (1/17/2021)
My 56 Victoria is running a Ted Eaton built motor with a 4-71 supercharger. Has run great since the day I put it in. Strong motor but very manageable.

Love your '56 Victoria.  It's so damned cool...   Cool

There is a guy that comes to our cruises with a black 1960 Plymouth Savoy Business Coupe with a dual quad 392 Hemi under the hood.  You would love it.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

Reading This Topic

Site Meter