Profile Picture

A Disappointing look at the '57 Ford International site..

Posted By PF Arcand 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

A Disappointing look at the '57 Ford International site..

Author
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
PF Arcand (1/14/2021)
Kultulz has hit the nail on the head, it's not just the engine switch that's the problem, it's the original often going to scrap that's the real loss...

Any members on here and FordBarn who are also on the '57 Ford forum could maybe step up and try to save some of those take out Ys. Maybe put up an alert here and on FordBarn when they see a '57 forum member talking about swapping. Start a dialogue with 'em, try to find out location and what they want for 'em. I'm sure that would save a few at least.

PF Arcand
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Dobie: that's a good thought..  And if they insist on doing a swap, encourage them to post the engine on the Y-blocksforever Classifieds or elsewhere like Y-block Magazine, where classifieds start at .10c/word @ $3.00 minimum.. I'm not on the Ford barn, does it have a classifieds section?..      

Paul
darrell
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: 11 hours ago
i got in on one of those its going for scrap deals a couple of weeks ago.motor was in a 55 with teapot and stuck.i didnt need a 272 but it was a freebe with std trans.this fellow told me he never seen a yblock and was putting in a 302 fi.delivered to my door.under the teapot was a b9ae 292 bored .040.complete rebuilt.lots of good parts and a cheap engine to rebuild.the engine would have gone for scrap if i hadnt heard about the car and went to see it.one of the best deals i ever got on a y.
Dobie
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

PF Arcand (1/16/2021)
Dobie: that's a good thought..  And if they insist on doing a swap, encourage them to post the engine on the Y-blocksforever Classifieds or elsewhere like Y-block Magazine, where classifieds start at .10c/word @ $3.00 minimum.. I'm not on the Ford barn, does it have a classifieds section?..      

FordBarn does indeed have a classified section, divided into Early V-8 (flatheads) and Late V-8 (Y-blocks and later) sections. If not a member you view it but you need to join to reply. Come on over, we'd be glad to have you.
Ted
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 days ago
That fascination of putting a newer or different engine in an older car is nothing new.  It’s been taking place for over seventy years now.  My father had an Olds engine in a ’48 Woody back in the mid Fifties and that was done to simply up the power level.  It does irk me to see a GM engine in a Ford car so it does my heart good when I see a Ford engine in a GM car.  My favorite was when someone put a Ford flat head V8 in a C H E V Y.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/a2944d86-5df3-4e2e-8fd1-8e1d.jpg  

But what’s with the love affair with the LS engines?  The latest craze is putting LS engines in anything imaginable and with that, there are many older cars, all makes and models, getting their original engines thrown to the side and replaced with a “love affair” LS engine.  A local shop just did that to a mid-Fifties Cadillac and there was that original engine sitting in the scrap pile.  I helped take apart a mid-Fifties Nail Head Buick yesterday and while there were no plans for it directly, care was taken to salavage all the parts to save it for a future restoration project.  Like the Y, all these engines are historically significant.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Dobie
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

My theory on the LS craze is that 350's are getting harder to find but LSs are readily available at the scrap yards. And a bone stock LS can run circles around a moderately built 350. Again, just a theory so take it FWIW.
FORD DEARBORN
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
They're cheap! Someone once stated it's the cheapest way to HP.  Doesn't mean it's better, though.    Ted, you hit the nail on the head, thanks.

64F100 57FAIRLANE500
Florida_Phil
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

I'm OK with any engine swap as long as it's a FORD engine. 

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

DryLakesRacer
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

A friend with a 57 bird had an extra 312 he has had the 57 since 59. He completed a frame on restore with paint, interior, added later ps etc. He asked me about the 312 and I really didn’t want another engine but needed a damper. A guy here that does do a little drag racing did what we all do with not seeing wanting to go to scrap took it for a few $$$. Ron and I were glad it at least got a home. I’m torn with my stash of GMC 6 parts now. I want to keep a few things but it’s time to thin the herd and I won’t scrap it.

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
KULTULZ
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
I'm sorry, but this is sacrilege. It as an affront to not only scrub, but also FOMOCO -

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/a2944d86-5df3-4e2e-8fd1-8e1d.jpg

While not a scrub admirer, I do respect the competition as you would the enemy.

I almost bought a 56 scrub for my first car. I wonder how that would have turned out? But you have to admit, the TRI-FIVES were pretty especially with a 409 upgrade ... Cool

Reading This Topic

Site Meter