Profile Picture

Temp gauge

Posted By montana ford man 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (286 reputation)Supercharged (286 reputation)Supercharged (286 reputation)Supercharged (286 reputation)Supercharged (286 reputation)Supercharged (286 reputation)Supercharged (286 reputation)Supercharged (286 reputation)Supercharged (286 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
My temperature gauge in my 56 customline has never worked. So i put in a new sending unit and it still never moved even when i grounded it.took out the gauge and saw an adjustment on it so after the adjustment it now works but it works backwards. Key off needle on cold. Key on goes to hot. After engine warms up it slowly goes to normal.i have swapped the 2 wires back and forth and it doesnt make any differance. The new sending unit i think is from china and im wondering if it could be the problem. Anybody else have this problem?
DryLakesRacer
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Not that it should make a difference but my sender has 2 spades on it. It’s the way I bought the car. It has always worked. At rest is in on the “H”. Good luck.

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
montana ford man
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (286 reputation)Supercharged (286 reputation)Supercharged (286 reputation)Supercharged (286 reputation)Supercharged (286 reputation)Supercharged (286 reputation)Supercharged (286 reputation)Supercharged (286 reputation)Supercharged (286 reputation)

My understanding the sender is unique to 56 that is what i ordered ,its interesting yours has 2 spades the flathead had a sender on both heads and the sender on the driver s side had 2 spades one was to the passenger side sender and the other went to the dash gauge my new sender only has one
oldcarmark
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
I bought an aftermarket (read China) from one of the 50's Ford Parts Places. Didn't work. Bought a NOS Original Sender on Ebay and it worked properly. It seems to Me that the Fuel Senders and Gauge Senders which are Repro's don't work very well. NOS is the way to go.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
2721955meteor
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
all the gauges work on my1949 mrc f43. i threw advice on this sight i used a voltage reducer from a 57ford, i also swaped the ground on the gauges
finally found old stock temp sender 1 wire. my fuel gauge now starts at empty
montana ford man
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I suspected that was the case with the "bargain" sender I bought , that's what a guy gets for being cheap.somethings are expensive for a reason  you get what you pay for.its seems though more and more there is a lot of junk out there unfortunately even reputable auto parts stores can have cheap garbage.a couple of months ago I bought a flex fuel line from macs ,the one that was used extensively on fords from the gas tank line to the fuel pump.after it arrived, I saw the diameter was the size of a smaller drill bit.cant remember the size exactly but way smaller than the 3/8 it should have been.I should have called them but I emailed them and never heard back from them.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter