Profile Picture

Oil pump gasket

Posted By DryLakesRacer 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I’m under my car chasing some minor annoying oil leaks and there is one from the oil pump bypass. I have a complete Best gasket kit and assumed the plug gasket was copper but there was not any copper gaskets in the kit. There are quite a few very hard paper style. Is this what I should use.
None of the manuals show the style. Illustrations show a “gasket”’.. Thanks

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
Robs36Ford
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (186 reputation)Supercharged (186 reputation)Supercharged (186 reputation)Supercharged (186 reputation)Supercharged (186 reputation)Supercharged (186 reputation)Supercharged (186 reputation)Supercharged (186 reputation)Supercharged (186 reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Looking at the website it has reference numbers : https://bestgasket.com/vintage-engine-gaskets/
Click on the links to get to your engine and then the ENGINE REBUILDING SET and the image with part list will open a popup.

1936 Ford 3W Coupe : 56 T-Bird 312, 47 Packard 3 speed, 40 juice brakes.
1968 Merc Cyclone FB GT 390, Getting a better front clip!
1977 Ford F-250 Supercab RWD Explorer Long box.
1976 Chev Camaro RS LT
Future rebuild : 1949 Ford F-1

DryLakesRacer
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Thanks, perfect.. never went that far into the site before. # 235....

2721955meteor
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
have a kit that targets oil leaks at the rear of the oil pan. a precision plate that covers the back of the pan, and around the oil pump. it includes a thicker pan gasket of a more dense than most kits. the plate clamps the raised dimples of the pan and the 6 rear cap screws,also some tips on plugging the top of the retainer cap screws giveing a better seal in this aria. the plate is water cut, the gasket is longer at the rear to improve leak elimination.  2longer studs aswell as longer capscrews and washerswill send pictures any interested. just send your email.cost is 90.00 plus frt. ct1940@shaw.ca
DryLakesRacer
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Thanks, I believe I’ve found most of the problems. They were the oil pump bypass gasket and the sleeve donut on the feed line it was off 5 years ago and not replaced. The leak at the “rear main” was and has been very minor. There was no sealer at the spacer edges as I’ve read is needed; there is sealant there now. The side seals had the nails so it may have been a Best brand. It is all back together. At 76 I have no business under a 50’s car removing a pan. I needed to to make a permanent fix of something that was done 5 years ago and I believe I have done that.

2721955meteor
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
GOOD LUCK,BUT DONT GIVE UP DUE TO YOUR YOUNG AGE i am 80 and still lay under my 292 powered 49 arc  pickup
DryLakesRacer
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Thanks, I can get under ok its the getting out from under 6 times for the right tool...

Reading This Topic

Site Meter