Profile Picture

ECG 6564 high lift rockers

Posted By ogasman 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (126 reputation)Supercharged (126 reputation)Supercharged (126 reputation)Supercharged (126 reputation)Supercharged (126 reputation)Supercharged (126 reputation)Supercharged (126 reputation)Supercharged (126 reputation)Supercharged (126 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Rebuilding my 292, and was cleaning up the rockers.  I have a mixed batch, 5 of the high lift and 11 regular rockers.  Anybody have 3 of the high lift versions they want to get rid of?  I will just run them on the intakes.  Or if you have 11, I could make a high lift set.  Let me know what you need for them.

Thanks
Paul
PF Arcand
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Ogasman;  It's often not finding them, as it is finding ones that aren't badly scored or so worn that they rock noticeably on the shaft. Patience, things seem fairly slow on here recently, good luck.. New shafts are recommended also..

Paul
Hoosier Hurricane
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 50 minutes ago
Ogasman, did you find any rockers?  What are your plans?  Are you going to have them rebuilt?  I probably have some, but they are used and probably marginal in their bores.  Maybe useable, maybe need re-bushed.

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg
ogasman
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (126 reputation)Supercharged (126 reputation)Supercharged (126 reputation)Supercharged (126 reputation)Supercharged (126 reputation)Supercharged (126 reputation)Supercharged (126 reputation)Supercharged (126 reputation)Supercharged (126 reputation)

I have a couple coming my way.  Probably have enough for a half set, but a couple of mine are OK but not great.  It would be great to get a full set.  Who do you have rebuild / re-bush the rockers?  I have an old school machinist do my work.  I took a bad rocker that I have to him, he said he didn't have the equipment to re-bush them.

Thanks
Paul
Hoosier Hurricane
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)

I have not had any rockers rebuilt, but Rocker Arm Specialties have been doing them for years.  They are in California.  If you are going to have them rebuilt, I can probably round up enough to complete your set.

ogasman
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Thanks  John
  Let me give RAS a call on Monday and get a quote to re-bush them.  I hate to have you go to the trouble to dig them up for me if the re-bush is too expensive. I appreciate the help.

Thanks
Paul
Hoosier Hurricane
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Paul, I don't know what you intend to use the engine for, but the difference between 1.43 and 1.54 rockers amounts to about .030 valve lift.  On a street engine that rarely sees more than 3500 rpm, I doubt if you could feel the difference in the seat of your pants.  A competition engine probably would know the difference.  If you want to brag about having the high lift rockers, then go for it.  If rebuilding cost is high, you may want to consider 1.6 roller tip rockers as replacement.

55blacktie
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Who sells the Y-block roller rockers? There is no y-block application listed on Harland Sharp's website.
PF Arcand
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
As far as I know, Mummert @ ... Ford-Y-block.com sells them.. 

Paul
Genuinerod
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Ted Eaton is the only place you can get Harland Sharp rockers for the Ford Y-Block.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter