Profile Picture

Weslake YBlock

Posted By ian57tbird 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 days ago
Weslake Ford Y-Block Engine - Weekend Warrior (hotrod.com)
I stumbled across this. Thought it was interesting.
DryLakesRacer
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
looks like it could breath a lot of air....the Argentina’s worked a lot on the Y-Block like they did on the 250 GM 6cylinder. Heads on them too.
Any bets on it marks its spot..

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
PF Arcand
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
The Weslake heads have come up here & else where before.. However, details are scant. There doesn't seem to be any real info on what became of the project.  I suspect someone paid for the initial development, but it never really went anywhere...

P.S.-  Other proposals to build high performance heads for our favorite engine failed also, with one obvious exception!  John Mummert in Calif devoted & risked his time & money to development of the Heads, with his name on, which made it to market & are successful.. That developmen & his interest in other parts for the engine, has probably done more to bring the Y- Block engine back to public attention, than probably any other factor... With the possible exceptions of this site & Y-Block Magazine..       

Paul
MoonShadow
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Ted Eaton told me that the aluminum heads were good for around 50hp as a bolt on. Considering the low density of sales this was a very brave undertaking by John Mummert that's why I use him when I need parts. He deserves our support. And compared to the more common engines his price, in my mind, is extremely fair. They make scrub heads by the thousands so the result is they can be cheaper and a used set very cheap. I just can't justify spending the money for street use but they are never far from my mind.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire

Reading This Topic

Site Meter