Profile Picture

Running 292 Will be for sale shortly-spring of 2021

Posted By Jack Groat 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I have a 292 in my 56 Crown Victoria that runs fine, burns no oil, decent acceleration.  I am also building a 292 +.060 special with aluminum heads, 3-2bbl carbs, warmed up cam.  I am going to swap out the engine when complete.  Probably not until next spring.  (I spend winters in Florida)

Here is what you get:
292 that was rebuilt approximately 1800 miles ago with new rings and bearings for sure. (I didn't do it)
Mummert aluminum 4bbl manifold with Edelbrock 500 cfm carburetor with maybe 300 miles total, thermostat housing w/thermostat.  (I put that on)
Electronic distributer, with new coil and spark plug wires.  (I put that on too)
Exhaust manifolds, the good ones, both rear exit. 
Don't know the casting number on the heads, but I can get it.
Flywheel (for manual transmission) 
I keep the starter, generator and brackets.
I may keep the  brand new temp sending sensor and oil pressure switch. (may not)

I can send photos, video, etc.
I think it's well worth $1500 not negotiable.  I have over $1000 invested in manifold, carb, and distributor.  Pick-up only.

I live in Canton, Michigan located 30 miles west of Detroit.
734-459-4894     jackgr@aol.com
I can let you drive the car if arrangements can be made before pulling the engine.
Could use some help swapping engines...Smile

Reading This Topic

Site Meter