Profile Picture

368 timing chain

Posted By darrell 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
installing the timing chain the dots are not lined up right.i ended up with a new set and both it and the old one the dots are of by about half.if ive got this right the tooth on the crank lines up with the valley in the cam cog.im pretty sure its correct but why so sloppy with the dots.just checking to make sure.this engine is a learning experience.the cam bearing went in nice and the cam turns nice.so far so good
Tedster
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Well Darrell "pretty sure" isn't particularly what we want to hear in this kind of operation, it's a pain in the you know what to tear everything apart, install, and get it all buttoned back up. Make sure it is correct.

Can you post a picture of what you've got so far?

Y-Blocks are different than most engines, the dots will be at "3 o'clock" with twelve (12) pins between them. Verify #1 piston TDC on the balancer and valve overlap on cylinders 1 and 6, and all that good stuff. The shop manual has a pic of how it should look.
darrell
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

this is the lincoln engine.i cant post pictures
darrell
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

ok i have it figured out.should have looked in my motors manual first.you line the dots up it doesnt matter if their of .i never saw that before the dots were always right on the tooth or the groove.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter