Profile Picture

Hanging front clip sheet metal

Posted By 55 GLASS TOP 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hello I am hanging the front sheet metal on my 1956 Club Sedan I can’t seem to get on side lined up the gap between the hood and the fender is excessive. I would appreciate and tips or tricks for hanging the metal everything is being installed . Thanks for any replies.
56ranchwgn
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
On my 56 I was able to get the gap pretty close by removing the grill then loosening all the fender bolts, then I rigged up a ratcheting cargo tie down strap to the opposite fender and pulled in the errant fender towards the hood.  On mine the gap was toward the front of the fender so i was able to mount the the tie down strap in the grill area.  You may have to get a little creative on mounting the puller to the fenders. I used the existing inner fender threaded bolt holes to mount 2 flat plates with holes to accept the tie down hooks.  Hope this helps. 
55 GLASS TOP
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks I think something like that will work for me one fender is just a bit wonky

Reading This Topic

Site Meter