Profile Picture

bell housing

Posted By emtdude56 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (139 reputation)Supercharged (139 reputation)Supercharged (139 reputation)Supercharged (139 reputation)Supercharged (139 reputation)Supercharged (139 reputation)Supercharged (139 reputation)Supercharged (139 reputation)Supercharged (139 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
has any one heard of or  used flat o  products bell housings for c4 transmission
paul2748
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
I have - no problems with it-did have problems with the adapter for the converter snout to crank

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

stuey
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (830 reputation)Supercharged (830 reputation)Supercharged (830 reputation)Supercharged (830 reputation)Supercharged (830 reputation)Supercharged (830 reputation)Supercharged (830 reputation)Supercharged (830 reputation)Supercharged (830 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Hi

Suggest you go to "Articles" right side of dashboard and see article by Jeff Hallam.
 I put one in a 56 f100.
Don't know the price from Flat-o I got mine from John Mummert.
I notice that Mr Mummert no longer advertise them but if you click on "new items in the works" he may have one of his  own. 
Gene of Flat-o is very helpful. You will need a starter from a 390 ford. I'm now using a RobbMc  starter.
stuey
dbird
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I've had one for several years, no problems, plus Gene at Flat  O was very helpful with questions about both the install and the C4 rebuild. I also had him source a torque converter for me so I didn't have to deal with finding someone to weld the stud extensions on. The actual install was pretty easy with minimal modifications to the crossmember and shift linkage.

Don
30 coupe
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
I have one in my '30 Ford coupe that is y block powered. It was in the car when I bought it. the only thing I do not like is that the bellhousing does not have enough "meat" for them to machine enough clearance for a bolt with a standard head., and mine has allen head bolts i. and there is no way you are going to get an allen socket or wrench in there to remove the trans. the eng. and trans will have to come out as one unit. this may , or may not be a problem with a '50's Ford car or truck. 
emtdude56
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (139 reputation)Supercharged (139 reputation)Supercharged (139 reputation)Supercharged (139 reputation)Supercharged (139 reputation)Supercharged (139 reputation)Supercharged (139 reputation)Supercharged (139 reputation)Supercharged (139 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
thanks for the info everyone

Reading This Topic

Site Meter