Profile Picture

fuel pressure regulator and guage

Posted By stuey 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
Hi folks
Do you leave the guage in place or do you replace it with a bung once the fuel pressure is set?
Thanks
stuey 

charliemccraney
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 16 minutes ago
I leave mine in place.  Don't know if its right or wrong.  It is technically one more place where a failure can occur.  Temperature seems to affect most of them and after they get warm, they are no longer useful for checking pressure.

Lawrenceville, GA
paul2748
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
On the one car that I have a gauge, I left it in place.  Don't know if there is a problem with that???

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

stuey
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Thanks for the replies.
I was aware of the temp. problem with the liquid filled guage so I so I got a dry one.
Once the engine is running the needle vibrates quite wildly on the dry one. So I took the middle, about 5 -6 lbs, and locked the regulator down.
Maybe a liquid filled one is the better option despite the temp. thing.
For now I'll replace the guage with a plug.
Thanks again.
stuey

charliemccraney
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 16 minutes ago
I've had the temperature problem with both styles.  The liquid leaked out of a liquid filled gauge I had, too and I could not tell any difference in how it worked.

Lawrenceville, GA
Daniel Jessup
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
charliemccraney (8/1/2020)
I've had the temperature problem with both styles.  The liquid leaked out of a liquid filled gauge I had, too and I could not tell any difference in how it worked.

DITTO. I tried the liquid filled and it would initially show correct pressure when the engine was cold. After the engine compartment was warm it read "0" and of course there was no problem - I was getting WOT under load and plenty of fuel. So... I went with a dry gauge. SAME issue almost. I start out at 5.5 psi and drop to 3 psi when the engine is warmed up. My back up electric fuel pump does not even make a difference in the psi reading when I turn it on too so it has to be a gauge problem. 

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

Reading This Topic

Site Meter