Profile Picture

Tuning question I can’t figure out. HELP

Posted By Melly 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
First I have a 57, Ford 312 , 57 dizzy , Holley 570 CMF carb. New plugs, was running good. Started to notice that under rpm around 3500 plus rpm. The tach started showing some goofy behavior.. would pull steady till the 3500* range motor stared a slight surging, tach. Show crazy needle movement, but rpm sounds some what steady.
When trying to find out what was happening. Check vacuum it showed 18 psi, timing 9 deg .
Look thing over but do not know what it might be. As before I need you great advice as to what going on and where, and what to do to fix issues.
Florida_Phil
This post has been flagged as an answer
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I see your car has O/D.  There should be an extra wire leading from the kickdown switch to the distributor. The purpose of this wire is to momentarily ground the distributor so the transmission O/D can down shift.  The kickdown switch is open to the elements and can be troublesome.  Temporarily remove this wire to see if it may be affecting your problem.  I had all kinds of intermittent ignition trouble with mine, so I disconnected it.   I have been told leaving this wire connected will blow a Pertronics unit.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

Reading This Topic

Site Meter