Profile Picture

56 F100 - 9 inch rear

Posted By brucem 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I have read somewhere that a 67-72 fi00 9 inch will bolt right in,any info is helpfull Thanks
miker
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Here's a chart that might help. It doesn't include perch width, but with some digging I'm sure you can find that too.

https://www.jegs.com/tech-articles/9-inch-ford-rear-axles.html

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
charliemccraney
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
It's probably best to get measurements for yourself and check.

The same "bolt in" installation is widely accepted for '61 - '64 and while it does technically bolt in, it's not right.  The problem in this case is the location of the shock mounts.  They are a little farther from center, which cause the shocks to hit the frame with the truck in use and makes it more difficult to install the shock and the bolt diameter is different, which makes it more difficult to install the shock.  I think the spring perches are also a little different but they actually are close enough to work.  I personally do not qualify it as a bolt in since it does not function properly if it is only bolted in.  It requires modifications.

'68 and newer uses wider brake drums.  That could be useful, depending on your plans.

Lawrenceville, GA
ErnieL
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I have a 69 9” going in my 55 F100, and it fits perfectly. Mine had an S-10 rear end, and it worked great, but I’ll be damned if I’ll have a bowtie anything on my Fords.

56 Meteor 4 dr hardtop
56 Meteor 2 dr hardtop
55 Sunliner
53 Lincoln Capri 2 dr hardtop
58 Skyliner

Anna, Tx

Reading This Topic

Site Meter