Profile Picture

Clutch fork

Posted By 1946international 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
I'm collecting parts for a transmission swap to a 3 speed t bird transmission, I have a Ford-o-matic in the car now. So while collecting parts for the transmission swap I got this release bearing fork that has a bolt in it right where the "V" is for the pivot. I have seen that there should be a wire type clip (anti rattler). Is there a reason for the bolt? It looks like the bolt is in the holes for the clip and looks like the clip can still be used  in the correct position. after removing the bolt that is.
Florida_Phil
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I have had the transmission out of my TBird a few times.  My car came with a three speed manual with O/D. My clutch linkage is stock.   My clutch fork has an indent that sits on a metal tab in the bell housing.  A wire clip holds it in position and keeps it from falling out.  There was no bolt. There was a rivet holding the leather gasket that keeps dirt out of the bell housing. You can see the rivet hole in this pic. The new leather gasket is held in place with clips to the side of the bell housing.  Hope that helps.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/1fb7ade9-a2a9-42f0-8b9d-8b56.jpg

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

paul2748
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Can you post a picture?

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

1946international
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)

Florida_Phil (6/22/2020)
I have had the transmission out of my TBird a few times.  My car came with a three speed manual with O/D. My clutch linkage is stock.   My clutch fork has an indent that sits on a metal tab in the bell housing.  A wire clip holds it in position and keeps it from falling out.  There was no bolt. There was a rivet holding the leather gasket that keeps dirt out of the bell housing. You can see the rivet hole in this pic. The new leather gasket is held in place with clips to the side of the bell housing.  Hope that helps.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/1fb7ade9-a2a9-42f0-8b9d-8b56.jpg
Yep, just like mine, but someone put a 1/4" bolt through the holes that that spring clip goes in. It looks like they did not drill the hole out or anything, just stuck a bolt in it. I found the clips on the internet and they are cheap so I'll just get one and see if it still fits. I wanted to know if this is some type of "fix" for something.
as always, thanks for the help,
Tom

Reading This Topic

Site Meter