Profile Picture

New clutch source?

Posted By dennis22 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi guys,

I’m replacing the clutch in the 59 F100 and I’m wondering what have you guys chosen when buying a new clutch? The engine is Slightly modified (cam, high ratio rockers, msd dist, G heads, b type intake) and it’s got the factory 4 speed manual box.
Just after recommendations. I’m looking for an 11 inch clutch ( I’m getting the flywheel machined)

Pics of the old one

I was looking at a zoom brand clutch from Summit

Thanks, Dennis.

56 F100 - 272 Y Block
NSW, Australia.

FORD DEARBORN
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Greetings Dennis:  I purchased that exact clutch, MU72166-1 for my 64 F100 and it worked very well. This was about 6 years ago and at that time seemed to be the best quality clutch of this size/type I could find and the price is still the same. I have since installed a T5 and wish you were close to where I live because I still have that slightly used clutch boxed up in the garage. Hope this helps, JEFF.........

64F100 57FAIRLANE500
paul2748
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
I've installed Centerforce dual friction clutches in two cars and very happy with them.  Diaphram clutches and need very ;little pedal force to operate

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

dennis22
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)

Thanks Jeff, I just bought this one.
Mate it would be a lot easier if I were in America, it’s just that little bit harder to find parts here.

Thanks, Dennis.

56 F100 - 272 Y Block
NSW, Australia.

dennis22
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Thanks Paul, I just went with the zoom summit clutch. Probably less hassle for me I know it will fit right up.

Thanks, Dennis.

56 F100 - 272 Y Block
NSW, Australia.

FORD DEARBORN
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Dennis I don't know how the currency rate works at our place but I found my bill from six years ago and the price is the same amount. Good luck.................

64F100 57FAIRLANE500
DryLakesRacer
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Good luck. I’ve been have trouble with clutch discs. I see the one you purchased has fewer larger diameter springs than the original. My problem is the larger diameter springs hit the heads of the flywheel bolts. I don’t know the the diameter and thread count on a yblock but if you have this problem and the bolts are 1/2-20’s a Pontiac flex plate/automatic trans has 1/2-20 with thinner heads and they have done what I needed, sometimes I must grind off some of the threads because they hit the main cap on the engine I use them on. They have a shoulder which you should have. Hope this all works for you..

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter