Profile Picture

crank

Posted By darrell 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
i talked to a fellow awile ago that said he had a y block crank with 2 half moon cut outs on the flange.i checked online and found a picture of one.what were they used in.
Ted
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
Can you provide a picture?

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

darrell
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

go to johns site and go to technical and then crank id.last one bottom right
darrell
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

i saw that crank yesterday and it has no oil slinger.have no idea where it came from
Ted
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
Did you happen to take note of the casting number on the outer edge of the front counterweight?  In my experience, crankshafts without the rear oil slinger are from the 1954-1955 engines and are found in 239, 256, 272, and 292 engines.  According the John’s information, that crankshaft with dual scallops at the rear flywheel flange should have a 3.3” stroke.  The casting number or letters on the front counterweight should help to confirm that.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

darrell
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

the fellow who ownes it said its a 3.3 .it should be an early crank.he lives a long way from me so i wouldt see it again.not important just thought you may have seen one.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter