Profile Picture

Rocker Panel Replacement

Posted By 55 GLASS TOP 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hello so I have taken on a new project, I have learned a lot from all you guys and have rebuilt a 292 from the crank up and it runs and sounds sweet. I have now moved on to the body restoration and need to replace the inner and outer rockers both sides. I started drilling out spot welds and god there must be a million . Does anyone have a trick for locating and drilling them out. The welds towards the front seem to be the worse  it started to rain so I was able to pack my stuff up and Leave them for tomorrow. Thanks for any ideas . 
56ranchwgn
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Do you have the special drill bit that is made for spot welds ?  Harbor Freight sells them, also Eastwood. Makes it a bit easier tho still a slow and tedious job.
randyh
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (260 reputation)Supercharged (260 reputation)Supercharged (260 reputation)Supercharged (260 reputation)Supercharged (260 reputation)Supercharged (260 reputation)Supercharged (260 reputation)Supercharged (260 reputation)Supercharged (260 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Take a piece of coarse sandpaper and hand sand the area where you expect the welds. This will remove the paint or rust in surrounding area and welds will show up. There are several spot weld cutters available, the Blair Rotobroach work well.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter