Profile Picture

Door panel clips

Posted By 55 GLASS TOP 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I have had nothing but bad luck with door panel clips I have purchased two sets form vendors on eBay stating the clips are for the car and they do not hold the panel. Does anyone have a good source for door panel clips or a correct part number. Thanks as always for any help
miker
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Are you looking for the metal wire spring ones that hook onto the door (cardboard) panel, then snap into the holes in the door?

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
blocky
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (307 reputation)Supercharged (307 reputation)Supercharged (307 reputation)Supercharged (307 reputation)Supercharged (307 reputation)Supercharged (307 reputation)Supercharged (307 reputation)Supercharged (307 reputation)Supercharged (307 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
hi i have given up using the original repro type of clips and now use plastic push through one like a modern car. an upholsterer put me on to this and i have no trouble installing or removing when required. hope this may help you. good luck cheers
DryLakesRacer
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

I’ve had my door panels off countless times and needed to use the replacement clips. First I squeeze them a little to take out some of the tension. I use lubriplate on the holes so they go in easier. I also use the back of my fist or a small rubber mallet with a tee-shirt rag taped to it. It’s important to use the correct plastic remover tool to take them off. I bought a kit of them online. They are invaluable when working on your interior or stainless trim.

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
55 GLASS TOP
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Yes I am looking for the wire clips but I would be interested in the plastic newer design do you have a part or stock number for the plastic ones ?
55 GLASS TOP
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Yes
DryLakesRacer
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Glass, I would use the plastics ones but the upholstery would need come be removed around the edges and I’m not willing to do that yet. I’ve bought them for my Honda’s at pep boys or other parts store that have “help” packets. All you need to order bulk is the OD of the hole in the door.
My card board will need to be replaced it I keep removing them.

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter