Profile Picture

Rex headers in a 56 F100

Posted By panel driver 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
I think (but don't know) that Stan's builds the FPA headers I've got on the bird. When I enquired about flanges FPA sent me to Stan's, and I used those for the headers on my F code roadster clone motor. Stan does a lot of hot rod stuff, including the exhaust from the Sanderson headers back on my buddy's Nomad and numerous other acquaintances. They don't show on the site, so you'll have to call and ask. They're less than 15 minutes from me, and I drive by them once a week.

http://www.stans-headers.com/headers.htm

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
panel driver
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)

Last Active: 11 hours ago
Thanks for the information.  I will definitely get in touch with them, looks promising.  

Located in Harford County Maryland 
PF Arcand
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
What about Truck Rams Horn's, would that work for your setup?  Ted our moderator, tested them some time ago, & found them to be quite effecient. And a likely a lot less noisey... 

Paul
panel driver
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)

I think they exhaust in the center of the engine.  Anything at the center of the block on the sides won't work. Thanks for the idea. 

panel driver
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I have been thinking about using the red's dual tube headers for either a passenger car or a t bird. I was wondering if anyone has 
either one of these on their cars.  I was hoping i could get some pictures with measurements to see if i can fit these on the truck. 
I spoke to victor at red's headers and said he did not have a set in stock to measure. I can't use the standard truck headers,  unless
i remake and reposition the side engine mounts, because of the AOD automatic setup.  Thanks. 

PF Arcand
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Panel Driver:  In Teds tests of exhaust setups, the Reds 2 Tube Headers, compared to regular 1957 exhaust manifolds, were a waste of time & money   installing  .The only thing they ad is noise & heat.. In fact the '57 exhaust manifolds were slightly better performers..

Paul
panel driver
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I may have described them incorrectly. I was thinking about the Red's 4 tube headers for 55/56 cars. 
But i would be open to the 57 dual exhaust manifolds, if  someone would have a set for sale 
and they would have a chance of fitting.

ian57tbird
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Repo manifolds can be bought new from TBird suppliers.
panel driver
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I was looking at the ones from Casco, are they the same measurements as the original 57 manifolds?  
Do you know how good the quality is? I need to call them but i  have been sidetracked lately.  Just
wondering if you have purchased from them in the past. Thanks 

miker
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Casco is a well respected supplier to the restoration market. Everything I've had from them has been fine. But the driver side manifold is different for the bird, and that's reflected in the pricing. A good used set off a passenger car would probably work and be more reasonable price wise. Just watch for broken ears from over tightening and using gaskets.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ

Reading This Topic

Site Meter