Profile Picture

1954 Merc Backup Light bracket.

Posted By weasel 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I found the post on the 1955-56 backup light interesting.
Can any one show a 1954 Mercury standard shift backup light bracket and switch, and how they are mounted?
Thanks

Lanny White
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Weasel, attached is a pic of the back-up light switch in my Sun Valley.http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/ca22a3a0-41d8-495e-875c-622e.jpg
weasel
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)

Thanks Lanny
Could you post a few different angles please
Lanny White
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Weasel, do you currently have the bracket and switch?  The bracket attaches to the top surface of the steering column and there should be two pre-drilled holes there, see where the two cap screws are in the pic.  The switch attaches to the bracket and the switch plunger (activator) points downward and makes contact with the first/reverse shift lever.  There is a little bit of adjustment in the combination in order for the contact to made between the switch plunger and the shift lever.

If you do not have the bracket or switch, I believe that they are available at Concours Parts and Accessories located in Carson City, NV.  They have a good on-line catalog and I have found them to be one of the best Ford suppliers.

I don't believe that I can get more pics that will show anything, kinda crowded down in that hole.
weasel
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Thanks Lonny, I have the switch, I'll check with Concours
Bert

Reading This Topic

Site Meter