Profile Picture

ECZ-9425-A intake advice

Posted By SteveCanup 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Time Poster

First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I have a '64 F-100 with the original 292 and I have been thinking of updating to a 4 barrel intake. The only modification to the (otherwise stock) engine is the addition of headers. Would upgrading to the EZC-9425-A intake be worth the bother? There is one selling for $75....is that a reasonable price? Any insight would be appreciated.
Steve-
oldcarmark
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
The only drawback to the "A" manifold is  the Carb Bolt Pattern. If You want to  use a newer Carb like a Holley You will need an Adapter. If You ad an Adapter and Insulator You may not have enough Hood Clearance depending on what Vehicle You have. The ECZ-9424-B Manifold is 1957 and later and will accept most newer Carbs with no Adapter.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
Barry L
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (302 reputation)Supercharged (302 reputation)Supercharged (302 reputation)Supercharged (302 reputation)Supercharged (302 reputation)Supercharged (302 reputation)Supercharged (302 reputation)Supercharged (302 reputation)Supercharged (302 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi, my 2 cents....if you're going through the trouble of changing manifolds, get the '57 and up style to take
best advantage of the work involved. Where are you located?
miker
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 6 days ago
Tell us what exhaust system you have-rams horns and duals, or the front cross over. Where you're going in the future. What goes in has to get out, and that all plays into the decision. I've seen some comments on more modern 2 barrel carbs that might work, or earlier 4 barrels that will fit the A manifold. All part of a system that works together.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
Florida_Phil
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Spend the extra money and get the ECZ-9424-B manifold.   By the time you buy an adapter the price isn't that much more and you will have your choice of new carburetors.  There are plenty of them out there and the price should be half that of an aluminum intake.  A four barrel upgrade is worth the cost.  It makes a big difference in a YBlock.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

PF Arcand
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
The A manifold is hardly worth $75s. And using an adaptor often results in a misalignment issue at the plenum. The guys are giving U good advice to spend some extra for an ECZ-B intake.. The only minor note there is that depending where U live (North,South?) sometimes the choke heat tube in the  crossover of the intake may be corroded out. (mine was) So, if you will be running a std heat operated choke, U might need to replace it. I couldn't find one locally or readily, so I made one out of small copper tubing & a 90 degree fitting etc...

Paul
paul2748
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
I know CASCO has the replacement tubes in stainless.  Part #@ 9890

PF Arcand (4/4/2020)
The A manifold is hardly worth $75s. And using an adaptor often results in a misalignment issue at the plenum. The guys are giving U good advice to spend some extra for an ECZ-B intake.. The only minor note there is that depending where U live (North,South?) sometimes the choke heat tube in the  crossover of the intake may be corroded out. (mine was) So, if you will be running a std heat operated choke, U might need to replace it. I couldn't find one locally or readily, so I made one out of small copper tubing & a 90 degree fitting etc...

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

Reading This Topic

Site Meter