Profile Picture

Pricing help on E Carb setup

Posted By slumlord444 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Building a new house and converting some parts to cash. I have a '57 E intake, carbs, linkage on the carbx only, most of the vaccum lines. No air cleaner, Been sitting in my shed for years and needs restoration, Not sure where to price it. I'm thinking I should be able to get at least $1,000 out of it but I could be way off in either direction. Sold an intake only a while back that I bead blasted and got $400 from a local guy I knew well. Will post it here and on facebook when I get a better idea of what to ask for it. Need to pay for the 3 car garage in my new house somehow.
Daniel Jessup
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

What are the list numbers on those carbs? makes all the difference in the world as to price... if you have the real deal on the carbs then the price most assuredly will be on the higher end. Your wording "most of the vacuum lines" would lead me to believe that these are the 57 E code carbs and not a set of ECZ's that someone is modified (like myself, lol). The 57 E code intake I have - - I purchased for 200 on fleabay last year. Bare intake. 

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

slumlord444
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Having trouble finding #s but they have the vacuum line connecting the secondary diaphragms and as I recall I checked the numbers a long time ago and they were correct for the automatic. So if they are correct am I high or low at $1000? Just want a fair price that they will sell at.
Daniel Jessup
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

To the individual desiring correct, number-matching pieces, my thoughts are that $1K would be reasonable. I would think too that if someone could see the parts in person you would get more for your money. I recently had a dash and pieces shipped to me from California and was not very happy with what I got... I paid too much for parts that did not match what I was told and what was pictured. Buyers who repeatedly get "burned" with such transactions have a tendency to not spend as much because of issues such as these. If you sell to someone here on the forum that would probably be your best bet to arrange a transaction because a buyer/seller relationship is mostly already here if you frequent the forum enough.

Although I have not seen any pictures of your parts, on ebay the 2x4 setups that have a good intake, matching, number-correct carbs with the linkage would go anywhere from $750 to $1200. (Again, from what I have seen.)

Fellas like Oldmics should chime in soon - I would trust judgement from people like him. 

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

paul2748
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

If you have the special valley cover that is required for a Ford intake, the price would go to the higher amount.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

slumlord444
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Don't have the valley cover or air cleaner.Traded off the passanger car air cleaner many years back. Never had the valley cover for that  set up.

Ted
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
The carb list numbers for the 1957 dual quad setup are 1434 and 1437.  Two of the same number denotes a standard shift transmission while one of each number denotes an automatic transmission.  If the carbs are in excellent condition and need nothing but kits, then you are likely underpriced.  If the carburetors are grungy and/or the throttle blades are stuck, then the pricing may have to be adjusted accordingly.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Reading This Topic

Site Meter