Profile Picture

Gerotor Oil Pump O Ring Seal for Cover Plate?

Posted By Daniel Jessup 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Does anyone know where I can source an  O Ring Seal for Cover Plate on a Gerotor Oil Pump? I got new gears the other day but not O ring...

thanks!

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

NoShortcuts
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Daniel.  As you likely know, Melling makes the available K-56 kit for the FoMoCo georotor pumps.  I haven't needed just the O-ring seal for the pump, but consider giving Melling a call to see if you can source just the O-rings from them.  IF you have to buy a quantity of these to facilitate purchase, I suspect other Forum members would be interested in obtaining some from you.  I'd like to purchase 5 to have on hand . . .     Smile

For Melling email contact info., click the link below
https://www.melling.com/contact/
OR call
Customer Service @ 517-787-8172 extension 2527
Technical Service @ 517-787-8172 extension 2506

Hope this helps.   Smile

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York
charliemccraney
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
If the new gears were a part of a rebuild kit, then the o-ring should have been included.  Contact the supplier or manufacturer to try to get one.

Lawrenceville, GA
Daniel Jessup
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

swap meet parts, you guys know the drill
Okedokey, looks like I will give Melling a call

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

Ted
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 days ago
Daniel.  I have the gerorotor cover ‘O’ rings left over from Best Gasket rebuild kits.  While these are round and not square like the originals, they work just fine.  Email me your mailing address and I’ll send a couple in the mail to you.  My email address can be found under ‘Contact Info’ at www.eatonbalancing.com  .

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Daniel Jessup
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Thanks Ted! and I appreciate your phone call today as well, my friend. To all who were interested, I did here back from Melling this morning and was informed that the company does not sell these O rings separately. If someone had inside information as to who actually makes that O ring for Melling I guess an individual could feasibly order O rings in bulk. Not sure.

Happy Y blocking!

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

NoShortcuts
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Daniel.  I stumbled on this O ring gasket on eBay.  Ecklers Automotive is the seller, so the listing is likely in a Mac's Ford catalog.  The eBay Buy-It-Now price is $2.49, but the shipping price is $8.16.  Hehe

Comment:  The last time I used one of the Melling K-56 georotor rebuild kits, I had the feeling that the O ring didn't have much body to it.  The pump didn't leak, but I wouldn't have been shocked if it did.

Click the link below to see the eBay listing.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1956-1959-Oil-Pump-Cover-Plate-O-Ring-For-Rotor-Type-Pump-Ford-Mercury/184143030403?hash=item2adfc7a883:g:NCEAAOSwvgheKnt2

Hope this helps somebody!   Smile

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York
KULTULZ
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
The one shown on ECKLER as the supplier has an incorrect application chart.

B6Q-6619-A .. Gasket-Oil Pump Cover Plate / 2.93"/2.95" O.D. x .052"/.072" width x .075" thickness / Obsolete
1956/63 302/332 (Lincoln derived Y blocks installed in F700/950's) / 1956/64 F100/700 272/292.

GREEN SALES CO. in Cincinnati OH has 74 = 800-543-4959. 

SOURCE - NUMBER DUMMY @ FTE

Now let me get out of here before the threads extends too long for some.

Lord Gaga
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
SOURCE - NUMBER DUMMY @ FTE
Now let me get out of here before the threads extends too long for some.

YOU TALKIN" TO ME? lol

"FREE SAMPLE"
Daniel Jessup
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Ted - thanks for the O rings my friend! just what the doctor ordered!

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

Reading This Topic

Site Meter