Profile Picture

Y-Block Nationals Lodging

Posted By charliemccraney 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Curious where everyone is planning to stay.
Either Wooster or Ashland looks best as far as food and Motel options and proximity to the track.

From Bob Martin:
"Hotels/Motels:  There are 5 listed on their site.  Chris Robbins gave me a heads-up on registering at the Hampton Inn, 4253 Burbank Road, Wooster, OH;  330-345-4424.  It might also be an insight to others:  He said that, when you call, WAIT for the message to play the ENTIRE announcement.  When asked to either "wait on line or hit 0 (zero) for the Operator, hit 0.  DO NOT respond to the "for reservations hit (some) key - it takes you to central america and wastes your time getting back to the Wooster, Ohio Hampton.  When the Operator answers, ask for Meg in sales - she can get you to the block or rooms reserved for the Fast Fords at 42 discount.  Chris said he didn't ask for the price after he got his room, but did say that Meg was going to request an improvement on their phone message that took him around the country."
The 5 hotels/motels on their site:
Hampton Inn Wooster, 4253 Burbank Road, Wooster, OH, 330-345-4424
Hilton Garden Inn, 959 Dover Road, Wooster, OH, 330-202-7701;
Days Inn, 789 E. Milltown Road, Wooster, OH,   330-439-2749;
Quality Inn & Suites,4949 Park Ave. W, Seville, OH  44273,    330-769-4949;
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, 5025 Park Ave, W, Seville, OH 44273,   330-769-5025

Lawrenceville, GA
NY59F100
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (150 reputation)Supercharged (150 reputation)Supercharged (150 reputation)Supercharged (150 reputation)Supercharged (150 reputation)Supercharged (150 reputation)Supercharged (150 reputation)Supercharged (150 reputation)Supercharged (150 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi Charlie,

Could you tell me the dates and the location for this year?  Is it back to Summit Racing's track in Norwalk?  I was only a spectator, but I really liked that venue the last time it was there.

Thanks,
Soffian

Soffian Adam
Jamestown, NY
59 F100, 55 Club sedan
Ted
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 days ago
This years’ Y-Block Shootout will be held at Dragway 42 at West Salem, Ohio.  Here’s the flyer.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/f7f72878-b445-4a8a-9e3f-8d8f.jpg 

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

charliemccraney
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

So, where is everyone staying?

Lawrenceville, GA
Ted
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 days ago
No lodging plans on my end yet.  I was holding off until I see what both Ohio and the rest of the country does in regards to the quarantine restrictions.  Without sounding like a doomsayer, the second wave of this pandemic could be just coming on board about the time of the Shoot-Out if the country is opened back up for business by the middle of May.  I’ll just have to wait and see.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

charliemccraney
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I know it might not happen, the way things are going, it seems almost certain that it will not, but I'm still trying to plan for it.

Lawrenceville, GA
Daniel Jessup
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 55 minutes ago
Tony Fritz lives in my neighborhood (literally just 7 houses away around the corner) and stopped by last week to give me some of these flyers. He was driving his mid 60's Fairlane with that wicked 427 rattling the windows. At any rate, he is still pushing for it to take place, talked about his recent conversations with Bob Martin. Tony admitted to me that he did not know the Y block had such a large following, but seemed very enthused about the whole idea. I believe that going forward he will help us in any way that we can. 

for me personally, my summer travel schedule does not work too well to give me any weekends "off" so to speak - church work and training so many who work with children on Saturday's generally takes up much of my time. However, with this event being held on Father's Day weekend (as is "Spring" Carlisle now - which I did want to visit as well) it looks pretty good for me to go to the Y block nats!
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2d74a65c-4d9a-4a7c-87c0-4ed0.jpg

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

Lord Gaga
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Gov. DeWine says Ohio will start to "open up" on May 1st...Keeping my fingers crossed.
charliemccraney (4/16/2020)
I know it might not happen, the way things are going, it seems almost certain that it will not, but I'm still trying to plan for it.

"FREE SAMPLE"

Reading This Topic

Site Meter