Profile Picture

OIl Breather Cap

Posted By customline3859 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Being an open faced filter I'm assuming at speed it could cause air to be forced into the crankcase. Other than that I just liked it better than the one without it. The shield only blocks the front of the filter the rest is open. I am also running a PCV valve and no lower crankcase breather.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
PF Arcand
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
I asked & you answered, thanks.. actually I'm running somewhat the same setup, only my intake oil cap is a std large filtered Autolite cap & also with a PCV setup. It has been suggested here that the filtering of that cap may be marginal, but I don't  drive the car in bad conditions (dust etc). So, I'm going with it as is.. So far it seems to be working well. 
N.B.- late correction;  I described the above cap as being an Autolite..the labels off it, but I believe that should have read "Motorcraft".

Paul

Reading This Topic

Site Meter