Profile Picture

Not Yblock related...

Posted By DryLakesRacer 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Some you know that I do other auto related “fun” not using a Y-Block. I have run 2 different vehicles at Bonneville/El Mirage and even tho our GMC 6 Powered roadster has done extremely well, we started in 1974 with a 1940 “C” word coupe. It also set many speed records and ran as fast as 151 mph using a stock head 302 GMC 6. When we moved on I never sold the car or original race engine I built.

My son at 50+ years old is converting the coupe to a “legal” street hot rod for himself. I built him an engine with many of the parts we first used. While that was being done he has done his best to remove the years of Bonneville off the suspension parts and brakes and adding front ones which were never there.

I won’t go into everything here but would like to show a few photos of how we are doing. The engine has not run but the long block is in the chassis and there’s a complete mock up of it in my garage. It even includes a PCV system and some very old speed parts which are getting hard to find today. He is planning on leaving the body, paint, interior, etc. just as it last ran. Hope you enjoy them.

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
Ted
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 days ago
Thanks for sharing.  It’s always nice to see those survivor vehicles being brought back to life.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

NoShortcuts
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

DryLakesRacer.  NICE to see your earlier work appreciated and reconstituted with your son.  How did 1974 come to be 46 years ago?  Thanks for sharing.  All the best to both of you!  Smile  

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York
DryLakesRacer
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

46 years... time just flies by. I am lucky, my son was interested and started driving at 12 helping me line the soccer fields he played on. He drove our roadster 2 days before his 16th birthday which was not allowed by our association. He went into the Bonneville 200 mph club before me as it was his dream and not mine. I followed him in the next year. He built his own 1/2 mile dirt Super Stock race car at 40 years old. He’s a lineman and fantastic provider for his family. Last but not least he is a Marine along with his 2 sons.

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter