Profile Picture

carb tune

Posted By yknot 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (74 reputation)Turbocharged (74 reputation)Turbocharged (74 reputation)Turbocharged (74 reputation)Turbocharged (74 reputation)Turbocharged (74 reputation)Turbocharged (74 reputation)Turbocharged (74 reputation)Turbocharged (74 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Any recommendations for the jet size & power valve this carb with these specs. Stock 57 292.
Holley Carburetor Numerical Listing
Carb Number Carb Model Number CFM Primary Main Jet Secondary Main Jet or plate   Power Valve
R80570 4160 570 122-54 122-65

125-85

Buz
Dallas, TX. 
Ted
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 days ago
As a general rule, always start off with the factory jetting in any non-original carburetor before doing any changes to that carb.  If the camshaft is stock, then the #85 power valve will be okay.  Any upgrade in camshaft might like a #65 power valve just to delay the opening of it.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Florida_Phil
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
The Holley 1848-1 carb on my TBird engine is a copy of the original 1957 312 4V carb.  I run a 65 power valve with stock jetting.  I changed the power valve because the Isky cam I used pulls about 12 pounds of vacuum at idle.  My plugs are clean and the engine runs great. 

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

yknot
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (74 reputation)Turbocharged (74 reputation)Turbocharged (74 reputation)Turbocharged (74 reputation)Turbocharged (74 reputation)Turbocharged (74 reputation)Turbocharged (74 reputation)Turbocharged (74 reputation)Turbocharged (74 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Thanks guys.

Buz
tbirddragracer
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (132 reputation)Supercharged (132 reputation)Supercharged (132 reputation)Supercharged (132 reputation)Supercharged (132 reputation)Supercharged (132 reputation)Supercharged (132 reputation)Supercharged (132 reputation)Supercharged (132 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Florida_Phil
I like your car.
Florida_Phil
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks, it's a family project.  I bought my TBird about two years ago.  My obsession with YBlocks goes back to the early sixties when you could buy a whole car for $100. This will be my last hot rod.  I wanted it to be a YBlock car with a manual transmission.   I love black cars and always wanted a convertible sports car.  When I met my wife, she was 15 years old.  We have been married for 54 years.  When we were in high school, her parents came close to buying her a '58 TBird as her first car.  She got a 1954 Ford hardtop instead, which to her was a huge disappointment. When this car came up for sale, it checked all the boxes.

It was a bone stock 74,000 mile West Texas car when I bought it,   I blasted and rebuilt the suspension and brakes, cleaned and detailed the underside of the car, installed an aluminum radiator, built and installed a hot rod 1957 motor, transmission and drive train. I also put in a new gas tank, wheels and tires and a new front bumper.  The paint, interior and top are driver quality. We drive the car regularly.   We don't drive on the expressways.  Where we live there are lots of two lane roads in the Ocala National forest.  Driving through the forest with the top down and no other cars is a great way to enjoy a Florida winter day.  I am always upgrading the car.  The dash needs some work and it could use a new windshield.  It's a work in progress.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/e34463a3-ea18-418d-8bd9-9003.jpg

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

Reading This Topic

Site Meter