Profile Picture

starter motor identification

Posted By blocky 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (307 reputation)Supercharged (307 reputation)Supercharged (307 reputation)Supercharged (307 reputation)Supercharged (307 reputation)Supercharged (307 reputation)Supercharged (307 reputation)Supercharged (307 reputation)Supercharged (307 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
hi all , while cleaning out an old mechanic friends sheds i came across this generator and was hoping someone out there can tell me what it is off.  looks as though it may fit a y block of some sort , here in australia we dont have the variations you do in usa. it is new old stock and as you can see it is 6 volt. hope you may help cheershttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/fc51f7f2-d109-4f57-81a7-e822.jpghttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/36119383-1bb9-40dd-b13d-09c1.jpghttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/ce35aa6d-1aba-4ba6-9be3-f638.jpghttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/18888f73-d4e6-441f-a319-41a1.jpg
Hoosier Hurricane
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
It looks like a generator to me.

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg
ponymare
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (86 reputation)Supercharged (86 reputation)Supercharged (86 reputation)Supercharged (86 reputation)Supercharged (86 reputation)Supercharged (86 reputation)Supercharged (86 reputation)Supercharged (86 reputation)Supercharged (86 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Looks like a generator from a GM product.
blocky
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (307 reputation)Supercharged (307 reputation)Supercharged (307 reputation)Supercharged (307 reputation)Supercharged (307 reputation)Supercharged (307 reputation)Supercharged (307 reputation)Supercharged (307 reputation)Supercharged (307 reputation)

sorry yes it is a generator
blocky
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

could be GM as he is a scrub nut but i thought ford used autolite ?
blocky
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

that should read scrub nut
blocky
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

every time  i put scrub it comes up as scrub??? why??
NoShortcuts
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Blocky.  Our web site developer has a sense of humor!  I suspect that the 9 letter word that you're trying to use in your written entry starts with the letter 'C' and ends with the letter 't'.  The word refers to a vehicle developed and built by a fierce competitor of the Ford product line.  The developer of this web site has a severe dislike for the competitor's vehicles, and use of the competitor's product line name evokes negative feelings.  Because of the developer's negative past personal experiences, he will not permit the use of the word in the polite company of users of this web site.  IF you enter the 9 letter word, OR a 5 letter shortened version of the word that starts with 'C' and ends with a letter 'y', the web site developer's computer program will automatically substitute the word 'scrub'.

I hope this explanation helps you understand what is happening to your effort of a certain word entry.  Smile

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York
PF Arcand
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Getting back to the original subject; Yes, the name Autolite is usually associated with Ford. So, it's likely a 1953 or earlier 6 V generator.  GM stuff  in that era would likely be Delco- Remy..

Paul
blocky
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

yes thats funny ha ha and i was using the C word!

Reading This Topic

Site Meter