Profile Picture

Valve cover gasket

Posted By 62bigwindow 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
What valve cover gasket are you guys using with cast aluminum valve covers? The Felpro set I have is too thick and was a little short on length. I ended up getting it to work but I dont trust it to hold too long.

Durham Missouri
charliemccraney
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 5 hours ago
On which aluminum valve covers?

Lawrenceville, GA
paul2748
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

I use the Fel-Pro gaskets.  Do you have the longer studs required for the aluminum covers (TBird covers?)?

If you need longer studs, you can make your own from all-thread

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

62bigwindow
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Durham Missouri
62bigwindow
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

These are the ones on my motor.

Durham Missouri
62bigwindow
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I believe they are the same ones Mummert sells. The problem is more with the size of the gaskets. The groove on the valve cover is narrower than the gasket and the gasket was about 1/16" too short. I had to trim alot of material off the sides and stretch them alot to get it to even come remotely close.

Durham Missouri
charliemccraney
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
I have another brand of aluminum cover and had similar problems with them fitting in the grooves.  I modified the valve cover as necessary so that I can now use out-of-the-box gaskets and I've used Fel-Pro mostly.  There was no problem with length, in my case.
When you consider how the gaskets fit stock covers, they can't be too different from one manufacturer to another and should be pretty much the same.

Lawrenceville, GA
paul2748
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Sorry - I took your question wrong - I thought you were writing about the studs

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

Reading This Topic

Site Meter