Profile Picture

Anti rattle window channel materials?

Posted By PF Arcand 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
My 57  Ford is a 4 Dr, Hardtop  (Ford called it a Town Victoria) Anyway, they tended to be somewhat shakey even when fairly new, but now the window channels need to be restored in some way. I bought stiff backed generic fuzzy strip material in the  past, but it's to thick in most areas to fit. There used to be one or two outfits in the U.S. that restored  window channels. I don't know if they are still around, but with shipping the frames from Canada & so on it was extremely expensive.  Is there some type of kit or materials that might be reasonably successful in at least partly relining the channels?  Thanks.        

Paul
miker
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I've used this company on several window rebuilds. This is the products page.

http://www.restorationspecialties.com/Products.html

I had a problem trying to find the right catalog page or scroll down. Could be my browser, but I've have great help from them on the phone.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
Daniel Jessup
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I ditto Mike's post and give another recommendation for that company. I have always been satisfied by their quality.

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

u

Reading This Topic

Site Meter