Profile Picture

Ebay Electronic Distributors

Posted By Jack Groat 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I was wondering if anyone has experience or opinions on distributors sold on Ebay.  One is called CRT Performance and there is another one that doesn't appear to have a brand name but it looks like they are sold by "theswapmeetparts".  You get distributor, wires and coil for around $200 which I think is a pretty good deal.  I have been trying to find reviews and have not found any bad so far.  The people who call themselves "theswapmeetparts" have thousands sold (all different makes) and has no bad feedback.  My distributor still has points and I need new spark plug wires so I am about to buy something..  

Thanks guys.
famdoc3
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (404 reputation)Supercharged (404 reputation)Supercharged (404 reputation)Supercharged (404 reputation)Supercharged (404 reputation)Supercharged (404 reputation)Supercharged (404 reputation)Supercharged (404 reputation)Supercharged (404 reputation)

Last Active: 9 days ago
The saga continues: you know those old guys you used to know? The ones that always had great stuff stashed that they never remember? As I was measuring and trying to figure out the rocker arm question didn't I find a sealed ziplock bag with 16 ECG 6465 B2 NOS. The adjuster side won't pass a 1/ 4 inch drill but the overall length I just under 3.00". The aftermarket are between 3.20 or so. I am progressively more confused but wonder how anyone really knows what ratio they have given the overall variations I see in the 84 different ones I'm looking at especially the old ones and the aftermarket ones that are out there. Is anyone trying to measure the actual effective ration an if so how are they doing it? MIKE

Mike, still lovin his 57 t'bird after 53 years!
Tim Quinn
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
About CRT Performance:
About three years ago I bought an electronic distributor from CRT Performance for my '56 Crown Victoria.
Put close to 9,000 miles on it and have had no problems to-date.
Hope this is helpful,
Tim
Waiting Room for Heaven, FL 33706

Reading This Topic

Site Meter