Profile Picture

rocker arm adjuster screws

Posted By mikeT 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (124 reputation)Supercharged (124 reputation)Supercharged (124 reputation)Supercharged (124 reputation)Supercharged (124 reputation)Supercharged (124 reputation)Supercharged (124 reputation)Supercharged (124 reputation)Supercharged (124 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I am gathering parts for a street strip 292
I have barker hi lift rockers and will have to buy  adjuster screws for them. 
I wonder if anyone has used a cup style adjuster screw instead of the ball end, so you can use standard tip pushrods?
If so what and where to buy this style?
I have also heard that FE ball style adjusters like Crane sells can be used ? Part # 99680-16
Thanks! Mike
Cliff
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Yes you can, however you will have to find a way to get oil to them, if you look at my Dragster Engine Build in the racing section that's just what I did, if you bought those rockers on E Bay you bought them from me. the adjusters came from TD (nascar parts). 
DryLakesRacer
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Comp, Smith Brothers, Manson and others have adjusters of different ends, threads, and lengths, my early GMC’s have ends no longer available, I just bought 5/16” ball ends from Summit 1-1/2” long to fit the stock rocker arms to use on a set of 5/16” pushrods I found. Not sure on the Ford threads but it’s worth checking.

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter