Profile Picture

Offy intake manifolds

Posted By 30 coupe 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (306 reputation)Supercharged (306 reputation)Supercharged (306 reputation)Supercharged (306 reputation)Supercharged (306 reputation)Supercharged (306 reputation)Supercharged (306 reputation)Supercharged (306 reputation)Supercharged (306 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Thanks Fellows, I have read Teds testing of the different manifolds, and was aware that the Offenhauser is the worst of the bunch.  I did not put the one I have on my car.  It was on the engine when I bought it, at the time I was not aware of the difference.   I had to find an Edelbrock on the web, as there is next to nothing up here for Y- Blocks.    I am sure it will be a noticeable difference, I will have to wait until at least late April before the roads are clear and any salt is washed off by the rain.  It may take until the 1st week of May
Lanny White
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
30 Coupe, I just finished reading this thread and wonder if the four numbers on the small port manifold are 2726?
30 coupe
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (306 reputation)Supercharged (306 reputation)Supercharged (306 reputation)Supercharged (306 reputation)Supercharged (306 reputation)Supercharged (306 reputation)Supercharged (306 reputation)Supercharged (306 reputation)Supercharged (306 reputation)

Lanny, I have not yet pulled the Offy intake off of my car.  The car is in winter storage, and is blocked in by another car being restored ( '65 Mustang ) that is making access to work on the eng difficult at best .  when I get the manifold off I will look and see if there are any markings on it. there are none on the top side.  I will post anything I find when I get the manifold off.----Jim
Lanny White
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)

Thanks, Jim, I believe that the number is either raised or stamped on the underside.  If there is no number, would you let me know what the measurements are of the ports to the heads (when you get it off).  Also, what carbs are on it?
30 coupe
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I will check when I start working on the car, may be awhile.  It may be hard to see any #'s since the manifold has been powder coated black. carbs are Holley '94's I forget which ones, but they are going to be replaced with different '94's. the center one will be a  EGC 6  which has a larger throttle plate diameter. I will be headed to town this week end and will let you know which carbs are on the car now.
30 coupe
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Lanny, I have not taken the intake off yet, but the carbs on the engine now are all 3 marked 8BA.  the new intake will have 8BA carbs on the ends and a ECG-6 for a center carb. ( actually it will be the truck version of the ECG-6 without the automatic choke, and the air horn opening turned down to match the 8BA cab tops. )
Lanny White
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Thanks, Jim, for the model numbers for the carbs.  Have they been rebuilt?
30 coupe
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Yes, carbs have been rebuilt by my brother and myself. the center carb was actually made from several core's it has larger throttle bores compared to the 8BA carbs and they have a 1 1/16 venture. some of the carbs are marked 1 1/16, but have the smaller throttle bores like the  8BA carbs.  next time I am in town where the car is I will take a couple of pictures.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter