Profile Picture

Holley Roto-Vance distributor?

Posted By Florida_Phil 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Got it.  Thanks for the information.  I am searching for a full centrifugal advance Y-Block distributor.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Florida_Phil (11/25/2019)

Got it.  Thanks for the information.  I am searching for a full centrifugal advance Y-Block distributor.

Read This - https://www.ctci.org/mallory-distributor/

My understanding is the HOLLEY vacuum advance can be blocked off. Any chance I have this right?

2721955meteor
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
purchased the holley cent advance only on eBay ,instaled on 55 mer 292 it works well(has dual points.no vacume lines. never asked him about fuel  consumption. only comet  was what a difference from loadematic
FORD DEARBORN
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 7 days ago
Florida_Phil:  This one will work fine as is because it's geared for a Ford Y-block. Usually these iron truck stribs with governor ports are for Lincoln Y-blocks.  That being said, I have replaced the Lincoln driven gear with a Ford Y-block gear pined in the proper position and they work well. That is, if you don't mind an iron strib. The governor ports can simply be plugged and these stribs use the standard Ford 8 cylinder cap. It has the typical Ford points so Pertronix shouldn't be an issue either.  Not sure what degree advance cam is in it but you would have to deal with that later if need be. This one seems to be in excellent condition, rebuilt or new?   It's not mine and I don't know the seller but if I can be of further help, let me know.   JEFF...........                  .https://www.ebay.com/itm/1960-1963-FORD-F-500-F-600-F-700-TRUCK-292-V8-DISTRIBUTOR-REMAN-FOMOCO/142030720713?epid=1678249551&hash=item2111b0cec9:g:3xAAAOSwnFZXXG2F

64F100 57FAIRLANE500
Genuinerod
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
The MSD 8383 distributors can be used with or without vacuum advance.  Paper work that comes with the distributor shows how to adjust for different curves with or without vacuum.
Florida_Phil
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I have run my 1957 Ford distributor both with and without the vacuum advance connected.  Drivability and idle seem to be better with the vacuum line connected. There is no difference in total advance.  The issue is clearance with the FM255 dual quad manifold. I suspect I can engineer around that by relocating the distributor and wires.  It would be nice if someone made a "HiPo Style" Y-Block distributor without vacuum advance.   I guess not.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

purchased the holley cent advance only on eBay ,instaled on 55 mer 292 it works well(has dual points.no vacume lines. never asked him about fuel  consumption. only comet  was what a difference from loadematic

The advertisement that was shown shows a model for 55/56 LOM (D-1527AA). Maybe being completely centrifugal was the way to get around LOM?

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/6170b3a6-15cf-4cb0-a953-4d35.jpg

Lord Gaga
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)

It is a dual advance distributor! See that brass fitting? I run one on a 322" Y, Very good unit.
KULTULZ (11/25/2019)
I occasionally see Y-Block Holley Roto-Vance distributors for sale on EBay. They look to be all centrifugal advance. Some have dual points. Are they usable? Are parts a problem? Can they be converted to Pertronix?

Both HOLLEY and MALLORY offered this style DIST for a true period performance engine. It was a centrifugal advance only (one way to beat LOAD-O-MATIC). It would be hard on fuel mileage on the street.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2cfc0158-70f4-4248-b5d5-49ed.jpg

"FREE SAMPLE"
57RancheroJim
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I would think relocating the orientation of the distributor to move the vacuum can would be the best. But if you aren't tuning for mileage and just want mechanical advance why not just remove the vacuum unit and lock the advance plate in place?
KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

It is a dual advance distributor! See that brass fitting? I run one on a 322" Y, Very good unit.

The poster described his for a 55 as with no vacuum signal. If you notice on the ad, there are several models listed for different applications. The service manual I showed was for reference only. It does not cover the LOM replacements.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4c6b5dad-25af-4f47-9225-15de.png

What I am wondering is did the 55/56 model (D-1527AA) come thru centrifugal only or did the vacuum source need modification? Most likely will have to find an original catalog.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter