Profile Picture

Valve Cover Decal

Posted By jdwilker 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (114 reputation)Supercharged (114 reputation)Supercharged (114 reputation)Supercharged (114 reputation)Supercharged (114 reputation)Supercharged (114 reputation)Supercharged (114 reputation)Supercharged (114 reputation)Supercharged (114 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
So I have the valve covers off my '57 Skyliner to clean and repaint. Does anyone know if the 292 Fairlane rolling off the assembly line back then had decals on the covers and if so, was it the Ford V8, the Thunderbird V8 or the Thunderbird Special V8? Some decals seem to be pre-57, Thunderbird only or for the 312.
darrell
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
yes they had them.292 was just thunderbird.
cokefirst
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (298 reputation)Supercharged (298 reputation)Supercharged (298 reputation)Supercharged (298 reputation)Supercharged (298 reputation)Supercharged (298 reputation)Supercharged (298 reputation)Supercharged (298 reputation)Supercharged (298 reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
This is not for the 57 Fairlane, but I am restoring a 56 P/U.  The engines were painted yellow and I want to duplicate that on the rebuild.  Photos I have seen of the valve covers show they are also painted yellow and not black like the passenger car.  Is this correct?  The sales photos I have seen do not show the area where the decal is attached to the cover.  Does anyone now if they valve covers were yellow or were they black.  Thanks!
willys392
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I believe they were argent silver on the 56 trucks, with no decal.
paul2748
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
According to Dennis Carpenter's web site, the 56 Ford truck used a Ford Y8 decal.part # DF 70.  Don't know the color of the covers.  54 was argent, but used a different decal, This decal below would not show up very well on a argent base. 
Decal - Valve Cover - 272 - 1956-60 Ford Truck, 1955 Ford Car
cokefirst (11/13/2019)
This is not for the 57 Fairlane, but I am restoring a 56 P/U.  The engines were painted yellow and I want to duplicate that on the rebuild.  Photos I have seen of the valve covers show they are also painted yellow and not black like the passenger car.  Is this correct?  The sales photos I have seen do not show the area where the decal is attached to the cover.  Does anyone now if they valve covers were yellow or were they black.  Thanks!

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

Reading This Topic

Site Meter