Wanted-'57-'59 Ford drivers side 28 spline axel. The short one

Posted By slumlord444 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Wanted-'57-'59 Ford drivers side 28 spline axel. The short one

Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 hours ago
Collecting parts for a '57 station wagon 9" housing. Could also use a good set of brake drums.
Hoosier Hurricane
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Be aware that the station wagon axle is different from the passenger car axle.  I think the Ranchero axle is the same as the wagon's.  Maybe retractable too.

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg
cokefirst
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (292 reputation)Supercharged (292 reputation)Supercharged (292 reputation)Supercharged (292 reputation)Supercharged (292 reputation)Supercharged (292 reputation)Supercharged (292 reputation)Supercharged (292 reputation)Supercharged (292 reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
You are correct, Skyliner, wagon and Ranchero are the same.
slumlord444
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Whats the difference? I was thinking that they may use a different bearing but was not aware of an axel difference. What about the T Bird axel? I'm thinking I pirated the wagon axel and used it in my T Bird when I broke one.
Hoosier Hurricane
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
The ID and OD are both larger on the wagon bearing, therefore the wagon axle has to be larger in diameter, at least where the bearing goes.  I suppose you could press a sleeve onto the passenger axle to use the larger bearing, or put a sleeve in the housing to use the small bearing.  Ford evidently felt the need for the larger bearing in wagons, Rancheros, and retractables for their perceived heavier loads.  Not sure why they put the large bearing in the T-Bird.  Maybe they expected Bird owners to do a lot of road racing with high cornering speeds.

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg

Reading This Topic

Site Meter