Profile Picture

Holley Carb recomendation.

Posted By slumlord444 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (426 reputation)Supercharged (426 reputation)Supercharged (426 reputation)Supercharged (426 reputation)Supercharged (426 reputation)Supercharged (426 reputation)Supercharged (426 reputation)Supercharged (426 reputation)Supercharged (426 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Ted (11/7/2019)
Hoosier Hurricane (11/7/2019)
Ted:
I have often wondered about vacuum secondary Holley style  carbs when mildly driven and never opening the secondaries.  Does our alcohol laced gasoline "go bad" sitting in the secondary bowls for long periods of time?  I wonder about my dual Holleys on my 427 in my R code '63 Galaxie.  I almost never get into it hard enough and long enough to empty the secondary bowls and refill with fresh fuel.  Maybe I should just give the car to a grandson so he can keep the fuel fresh, that is, if he can afford to keep 93 octane in it.

Holley four barrel carbs (including the Summit badged models) have idle circuits on the secondary side.  While these are ‘fixed’ (non-adjustable) on most of the carbs, they do allow the fuel to be constantly turned over in the secondary bowls abeit just a bit slower than the refresh that takes place on the primary side if just idling.  Hence, the fuel in the secondary bowls should not be any more ‘stagnant’ than the fuel in the primary bowls.

Ted, Good to know. I wondered about stagnant fuel myself so I just get on it once in a while.  Should I give that up ??    No. It's to much fun
Hoosier Hurricane
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 1 hour ago
Ted:

Thank you for that information.  I never knew Holleys had idle fuel flowing in the secondaries.  That's good engineering.

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg
slumlord444
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 days ago
Thanks everyone for the input. Helpful as always. Decided to go with the Holley 4150 Street Avenger HLY 0-80770, The Summit Ted recomended also impressed me but the old school in me decided to go with Holley. Should be here in a week and as soon as I get it set up and get a warm enough day to take a top off test run I'll let you know.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter