Profile Picture

750 holley questiom

Posted By slumlord444 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
When I lossen the lock nut to adjust the floats I have fuel pumping out out of the adjusting mechanism. I don't remember this happening with prevous holleys. Any idea what the problem is? Had a friend put a kit in it but I think he did something wrong. Also having trouble getting the float levels low enouth so no fuel comes out of the sight hole. lts a swap meet vaccum secondary 750 that I'm about ready to give up on and buy a new one.
oldcarmark
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Excessive Fuel Pump Pressure? Holley Carbs work best with 5lbs or less.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
Joe-JDC
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
The needle and seat has an "O" ring that may be the wrong size, or has a cut or flaw letting fuel leak by when adjusting the float level.  Some of the rebuild kits have the wrong size "O" rings on the needles(Not the right diameter).   Also, if the float arm is bent wrong, the needle may not have the correct angle to shut off the fuel properly.  Most Holleys will leak some fuel when adjusting if the engine is running due to fuel pressure.  If you can adjust the float with the sight plug out at idle, you should be fine.  When I rebuild a Holley, I always use some petroleum jelly on the "O" rings before inserting the needle into the bowl housing to keep it from damage.  Joe-JDC

JDC
KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
When I lossen the lock nut to adjust the floats I have fuel pumping out out of the adjusting mechanism. I don't remember this happening with prevous holleys. Any idea what the problem is? Had a friend put a kit in it but I think he did something wrong. Also having trouble getting the float levels low enouth so no fuel comes out of the sight hole.

Look @ this Ill-

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/7b073323-8b90-4e08-ab55-da29.jpg

At the adjustment are two gaskets - 9A522 - . Be sure they are installed. If you cannot get float level correct with wet setting, you need to perform a dry float setting (see instruction shee).

Reading This Topic

Site Meter