Profile Picture

1959 f100 wiring harness

Posted By ianmatt 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
My wiring is a mess. I have a 59 f100 with 292. It is a 12v system however there is a mess of wires from factory. I have seen some wiring harness however they are very expensive. Does anyone offer a basic wiring harness for my truck that wont break the bank. I will also be having to hire someone to redo all wiring because I am not the pro in that department. Any idea on hours it takes to run a basic harness? Thank you
miker
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 6 days ago
I’ve never worked on the wiring on a 59 F100, so I’m speaking from general experience. They’re probably pretty simple, and the hardest part will be the gauges under the dash.

Some of the Ford truck sites should have factory replacement harnesses. Might seem a bit pricey, but as direct replacements the labor is a lot less.

American Autowire have the most complete kits in my experience. Multiple options, lots of different connectors, etc. You pay for all that, but it is first rate.

Rebel Wire and Kwikwire typically are much less, but the basic kits are in the $225-300 range. Centech also makes a good panel, I used it in my 55 bird (12 volt, p/w, p/s, a/c), and they were good about putting together what I needed. Most of them will want you to call, and let them direct you to a kit and options.

Don’t be afraid to try this yourself. Good kits, good instructions, basic (not the cheapo home tool kit) crimpers and wire strippers, and some planning make it pretty straight forward. Drylakesrace had this post

“By DryLakesRacer 2 Months Ago   

Not for physical routing but a wiring schematic from Clasicarwiring.com for about $20 is outstanding. It's in color with original codes and 11 x 17" laminated. worth it's weight in gold...Shows the location of your year wiring connections with all options including power top, windows, and OD related switches and relays”

I bought a couple of those, worth every penny.

Aa a caution is that even wiring that looks good may be brittle. When I pulled the dash on my bird, the gauge wiring looked ok, but the minute I touched it, the insulation cracked. So if your working on something your not replacing, check carefully and tape as required.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
ianmatt
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thank you so much supercharged. I have bookmarked each of the companies you suggested and will begin my research. Thank you

Reading This Topic

Site Meter