Profile Picture

E Code Valley Pan

Posted By Daniel Jessup 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
I have acquired a 57 E code intake manifold but am fully aware that I need a valley pan to match. Are there any repop valley pans that will work? I see a lot of aluminum pans for sale but it's not quite clear and I think the pan needs to have a "dish" in order to work, correct?

I am not looking for an original E code pan (but maybe someone might have one for sale?), but would like to know if there are some alternatives.

does anyone have some photos/videos of modifying a regular pan?

thanks!

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

charliemccraney
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
From what I understand, simply a flat sheet of aluminum or steel will work.

Rexhp offer one that is supposed to fit, http://www.rexhp.com/valleycovers.html.

Lawrenceville, GA
Ted
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
Here are a couple of pictures of a modified stock valley cover that worked well with both the 1956 and 1957 dual quad intakes.  This was used during the extensive dual quad intake testing performed on the dyno mule with both iron and aluminum heads.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/b93e46c8-3972-44a1-a463-8d1c.jpg 

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/a6f70c00-a52e-4248-94c8-ab12.jpg 

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
This is the only finned valley cover that fits all intakes including the FORD dual quad intake. If you own a stock FORD dual quad intake, you already know that the the stock steel valley cover that goes with the intake is different from the rest. It has a large dish in it to clear the bottom of the intake. Our finned valley cover is the only one that has a dish designed  into it to clear the bottom of the intake

Only the 1957 DUAL QUAD INTAKE requires the extra clearance (as far as I know) to allow greater cooling under the intake due to it's larger runner sizes. That is the reason you see them with bottom side heat damage and repair.

That being said, it seems to me (IMO) it would benefit any performance FYB engine as it will allow more airflow under the intake possibly giving a cooler fuel charge.

Oldmics
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Just listed an original "E" Code valley pan in classified if interested.

Oldmics
Daniel Jessup
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

thank you fellas, this gives me a little to chew on

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

Genuinerod
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Concours Parts sells a replacement valley pan (6519-R) for "E" models for $120.00.
famdoc3
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (398 reputation)Supercharged (398 reputation)Supercharged (398 reputation)Supercharged (398 reputation)Supercharged (398 reputation)Supercharged (398 reputation)Supercharged (398 reputation)Supercharged (398 reputation)Supercharged (398 reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
I have the Rex valley pan on mine and it clears well

Mike, still lovin his 57 t'bird after 50 years
Daniel Jessup
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Fellas - I appreciate that information and the good leads. Very good to know - that's one of the main reasons I keep coming back here! I did get a phone call yesterday from Missouri that I am trying to track down... will let you know how that pans out.

Genuinerod (10/30/2019)
Concours Parts sells a replacement valley pan (6519-R) for "E" models for $120.00.

Thanks - this seems like the best option thus far since this is not an OEM restoration item I am seeking, and I don't know how comfortable I feel in making the modification that Ted made to his - maybe if I had more welding experience.

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

NoShortcuts
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Dan.  Here's another E code valley pan.  Not inexpensive, but supplier stands by it being as good in detail as any Ford original piece! 

IF you need any Ford 'Bird or passenger car '57 dual quad fuel lines, carburetor choke air intake or heat tubes, or throttle linkage components, seller makes reproduction components.

Click the link below for the eBay listing.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1957-Ford-Thunderbird-Dual-Quad-VALLEY-PAN-Assembl/223351427371?hash=item3400c8512b:g:3PoAAOSwCjpcUL9M

Hope this helps!  Smile

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York

Reading This Topic

Site Meter