Profile Picture

Heat riser valve installation..2 questions.

Posted By 55charliebird 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (600 reputation)Supercharged (600 reputation)Supercharged (600 reputation)Supercharged (600 reputation)Supercharged (600 reputation)Supercharged (600 reputation)Supercharged (600 reputation)Supercharged (600 reputation)Supercharged (600 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Does the heat riser valve install (on RH exhaust manifold) with the pendulum facing the fender or the engine.  Also, the pendulum is supposed to drop down as the spring heats up. Is that correct ?  Thanks
Hoosier Hurricane
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
The pendulum faces the fender, falls down as the spring heats up.

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg
55charliebird
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (600 reputation)Supercharged (600 reputation)Supercharged (600 reputation)Supercharged (600 reputation)Supercharged (600 reputation)Supercharged (600 reputation)Supercharged (600 reputation)Supercharged (600 reputation)Supercharged (600 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Thanks John, thats what I was thinking. The butterfly stop metal tang broke off in the past so I drilled and tapped an 8/32 hole in the riser body and put in a SS screw to stop the butterfly from wedging closed. Chrysler corp did that to correct my Dodge 500 Coronet from backfiring and wedging the carb. butterfly shut back in 68'.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter