Profile Picture

Excessive End Gap ?

Posted By 55 GLASS TOP 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hello I am working on my 292 and after checking the end gap on my Hasting piston rings I find the end gap a little to big. The 292 with the 3.75 cylinder was bored out to 3.79 (40 over ) . I am multiplying .004 x 3.79 for the top ring and coming up with .01516 so I assume my gap should be .015 but what I have with the ring square in the cylinder is .025 ten thousands bigger than it should be . The lower ring I am going with 3.79 x .005 which is 01895 roughly .019 the actual gap with the ring in the cylinder is .021 just about two thousands bigger . Am I ok with the end gap or should I get another set of rings I could live with the bottom number but I am wondering about the top being 10 more than it should be. Maybe someone can advise a ring set that would be closer to specs. Thanks

Reading This Topic

Site Meter