Profile Picture

intake question

Posted By 57RancheroJim 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 days ago
I'm a little confused. I don't have the B manifold for the Y I'm building now and a friend gave me an A manifold. I always thought those has smaller runners then the B but these are the same size?
Joe-JDC
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 44 minutes ago
Is you manifold ECB-B, or ECZ-B?  There is a significant difference.  The ECZ-B is the later, better manifold.  Joe-JDC

JDC
57RancheroJim
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

I have a ECZ-A, with the square carb mount but it has large ports/runners like the B manifold. I always thought they were smaller on the A manifold.
charliemccraney
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
What are you comparing the ports to?

Lawrenceville, GA
57RancheroJim
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

My G heads and the intake manifold gaskets. I thought I was going to have to blend the ports but I was surprised when I placed the gasket on to check that I didn't need to.
KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 9 days ago
The ECZ-A was the 1956 4V intake and the carb pad designed for the H4000. The 1957 ECZ-B was the 1957 4V intake and the pad size increased for the H4150. Supposedly the B flows better. TED EATON may have flow results in his TECH ARTICLES.

Have you actually measured the runner size @ the cyl head mounting? The interior runner size on the B may also be larger.

darrell
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
the intakes were always smaller than the heads.
57RancheroJim
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

57RancheroJim (10/18/2019)
My G heads and the intake manifold gaskets. I thought I was going to have to blend the ports but I was surprised when I placed the gasket on to check that I didn't need to.
Thank you, I Have always used the B manifold on my previous engines but this new engine I only have the A manifold to use. I'm not familiar with the A but thought the ports were smaller, thats why I was surprised they were the same size as the B. I did check it with the Gasket, the same Best gasket I use for the B..

2721955meteor
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
if jim has a 57 2v manifold the ports are the same as the 4v.i have modified the 2v 57 to 4v and ports are the same,its a lot of work but works well, i have a used 57 4v so can compare the 2. the 56 4v is smaller ports with a adaptor does not work well in comparison

Reading This Topic

Site Meter