Profile Picture

Wiper arms are backwards

Posted By ianmatt 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hey guys its been a long time sonce i've been on the site. I'm getting back into my 59 and one thing i have never addressed is someone before me put my wiper arms on the wrong way. They stick out towards the doors at rest and not pointing at each other. Can someone guide me with how I go about correcting this?
miker
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 7 days ago
Pry them off the shaft, and re-install them in the correct position. Might take a couple try’s to get them right.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
Gene Purser
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I'm not familiar with a '59, but on my early ford there is a flat bar attached to the wiper motor. The arms going out to operate the wiper posts are attached to either end of the flat bar. Reversing the arms on the bar (end for end) reverses the park position.
paul2748
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
As Gene said, I think you have the arms on the wiper motor installed opposite of what they should be.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

ianmatt
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Its dark now and cold so I will look at these tomorrow. Is this easy to sway the arms to the right spots? I assume these are under the dash? Any pointers or pics ? thank you

Reading This Topic

Site Meter