Profile Picture

Redline

Posted By Jim Yergin 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (132 reputation)Supercharged (132 reputation)Supercharged (132 reputation)Supercharged (132 reputation)Supercharged (132 reputation)Supercharged (132 reputation)Supercharged (132 reputation)Supercharged (132 reputation)Supercharged (132 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
A person's preference as to head's up racing or bracket racing is a personal choice.I have no complaint as to how you state your preference.
I have had the good luck to be successful as a heads-up racer and a bracket racer.From my personal experience, heads-up racing is easier and requires less skill than bracket racing. Heads-up racing, you rev it up and let it go, then you let up. Bracket racing is different.A bracket racer has to factor the following items:
Reaction Time -- very critical - most races won or lost at the line
Dial -in Time -- you have to know your car's capabilities
Break-out Time --  critical -- I prefer to set at barely above car's limitations
Finish Line -- Beat the car next to you
I have raced 3 speed manuals, 4 speed manuals, and automatics, all are fun. An automatic is special, you are on the rev limiter at 3800 rpm, 500 hp, let go of the trans brake, an additional 300 hp nitrous kicks in, hard on the wheelie bars, PERFECT ( no other description ).   Ernie
Florida_Phil
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Bracket racing was created to allow all racers to compete on an equal basis.  It's more a competition about who is more consistent than who is faster.  Open cars have a huge advantage as they have a better view of the race.  Back when I was bracket racing, the most frequent winners were always open street roadsters. It's frustrating to build a fast full bodied car and be beaten by a guy with a panoramic view and better brakes.  Bracket racing serves it's purpose and I'm not against it.  What gets me is watching fast cars bog off the line controlled by a computer.  What kind of racing is that?

The one thing I do like about bracket racing is the diversity of cars.  You never know what you might see.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

LordMrFord
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Bracket racing is for competitors and heads up is for spectators.

By the way it seems like your bracket racing price money is quite equal to our top fuel price money. : /

Hyvinkää, FI
Florida_Phil
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Jungle Jim was right.  Professional drag racing classes have become all about TV rights and corporate sponsorship money.    Have you bought a ticket to an NHRA race lately?  Yikes!   What happened to match racing?  I once watched a grudge race in Miami for a suitcase full of cash.  I watched Doug Nash blow the doors off a blown fuel hemi funny car with an injected 289 Bronco.   All of today's top fuel cars are the same except for the body.  Pro stockers are practically identical as well.   Don't get me started on NASCAR.   What we need are races with cars you can buy off the showroom floor.  It would make the cars better and it might stir up some interest in our youth.  Hot rodding is about buying parts, working on your car and challenging your buddies.  I think it was Henry Ford who said  "The first car race came five minutes after the second car was built."  Who wants to watch a Focus ST outrun a Kia?  I would.  Rolleyes

Doug Nash bronco Buster
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/599a4b4f-07e1-4221-b8c7-4f6a.jpg

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

Reading This Topic

Site Meter