Profile Picture

What Radiator should I go with?

Posted By Barnabasmc 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (89 reputation)Supercharged (89 reputation)Supercharged (89 reputation)Supercharged (89 reputation)Supercharged (89 reputation)Supercharged (89 reputation)Supercharged (89 reputation)Supercharged (89 reputation)Supercharged (89 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I have a 55 Fairlane Victoria with a 272 4-barrel carb. It has the Fordomatic transmission and I what I think is the original radiator. It has a dent on the top of it and I want to replace it so it will look better. The radiator works just fine and I have had no problems with it at all. I want to go with one that looks original but possibly one with a polished top. Does anyone have any recommendation on which company's radiator to go with? I have seen some from MACS that look original and I have also seen some from US radiator that look original and can be polished for an additional charge. I have searched the internet and seen both good and bad reviews but I have always had good luck following the advice of the members from this site. 

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/53e048c9-4d50-4b7f-92f7-e614.jpg
DryLakesRacer
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

I have an US Radiator in mine. They offer many models. Mines next to the top one for cooling. I had them add a trans cooler so if I ever changed the trans it would be there. I did and was glad I did it. Not knowing your tastes but years ago I removed the paint off the top of a rad and polished the brass. It was a dumb Idea. I have a nice Y with covers and dual quads and like it black. To me Eastwood makes the best appear under hood paint including their brush on cast iron exhaust coating..

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
Barnabasmc
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (89 reputation)Supercharged (89 reputation)Supercharged (89 reputation)Supercharged (89 reputation)Supercharged (89 reputation)Supercharged (89 reputation)Supercharged (89 reputation)Supercharged (89 reputation)Supercharged (89 reputation)

Why was leaving the top brass a bad idea? Did it look bad or not work well?
miker
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I had a polished brass top tank for 5 years or so. The people who make Brasso were sending me Christmas cards for being such a good customer.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ

Reading This Topic

Site Meter